IDENTIFICATION OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
- Company: JSCRAMBLER, S.A.
- Registered Office: Rua Alfredo Allen 455, 4200-135 Porto
- Tax Registration Number (NIPC): 508268516
- Share Capital: € 163.124,31
- Telephone: +351 227 663 702
- Data Protection Officer: [email protected]
PERSONAL DATAThe Portuguese Data Protection Law, “Lei da Proteção de Dados Pessoais”
(hereinafter, “LPDP”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU)
2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27th of April 2016,
hereinafter “GDPR”) shall ensure the protection of natural persons regarding the
processing of personal data and the free movement of such data.
According to the GDPR, personal data refers to any “information relating to an
identified or identifiable natural person, “the data subject”); an identifiable natural
person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to
an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online
identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, psychological, genetic,
mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
Jscrambler maintains a database with the registration of its clients composed only of
personal data provided by the data subjects at the time of registration, which is
collected and processed automatically by Jscrambler, the entity responsible for the
processing of the personal data (“Data Controller”).
In no case shall personal data on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or
philosophical beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, data on health,
genetic data, biometrics or data relating to sexual life or sexual orientation be
solicited or processed.
PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATAPersonal data processed through this webpage will only be used for the following purposes:
- Provide the services and customer support;
- Process transactions and send notices about transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our license Agreement;
- Customize, measure, and improve services;
- Send targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on communication preferences;
- Prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information;
- Communication and clarification;
- Processing of Information requests.
LAWFULNESS OF PROCESSINGJscrambler processes personal data:
- when express and free consent is provided by the data subject forto the processing of their personal data for certain purposes that require such consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or representing a party, or for pre-contractual measures at the user's request;
- to comply with legal obligations to which Jscrambler is bound to;
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Jscrambler or by third parties, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject that require the protection of personal data prevail.
TRANSFER PERSONAL DATAJscrambler does not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area
(EEA). However, if such transfer ever occurs it shall be subject to the adoption of
adequate guarantees and the level of protection required, in accordance with the
STORAGE PERIODJscrambler only stores and processes your personal data for the period that is
necessary or mandatory to fulfill the purposes described above, applying information
conservation criteria appropriate to each treatment and in line with applicable legal
and regulatory obligations.
SECURITY MEASURESJscrambler states that it has implemented and will continue to implement the
security measures of a technical and organizational nature necessary to guarantee
the security of the personal data provided to it, in order to protect personal data
against destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, unauthorized access or any other type
of unlawful processing, taking into account the current state of the technology, the
nature of the data stored and the risks to which it is exposed, and being aware and
accepting that the security measures on the Internet are not impregnable.
Although Jscrambler collects and processes data in a secure manner and prevents
its loss or manipulation using the most appropriate techniques, it should be borne in
mind that the collection of data in open networks allows personal data to be
circulated without safety conditions, with the risk of being seen and used by
unauthorized third parties.
Whenever Jscrambler processes personal data, it undertakes to:
If Jscrambler subcontracts other entities for the provision of services that involve
personal data processing, these entities shall be obliged the same confidentiality
obligations and to adopt the same technical and organizational measures to protect
- Keep all personal data confidential;
- Use the data exclusively for the purposes which were previously defined;
- Make sure that the data is handled only by the employees whose intervention is necessary to satisfy the request of the data subject, being the same obliged to the duty of secrecy and confidentiality.
COMMERCIAL AND PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONSJscrambler may use personal data for the sending of electronic communications
with commercial and promotional information.All communications of this type will be directed exclusively to users who have given
prior and express authorization, which can be revoked at all times, by sending an
e-mail to [email protected].
EXERCISE OF THE RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECTIn accordance with the provisions of the LPDP and the GDPR, data subjects may
exercise at any time their right to information, access, rectification, erasure,
limitation, portability, opposition and the right to withdraw the consent at any time,
by means of a written request addressed to Jscrambler through the following means:
Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Through mail to the following address: UPTEC Central Building,1.26, Rua Alfredo Allen, 455, 4200-135 Porto, Portugal;
- Through e-mail to the following address: [email protected]
Failure to respond to data marked as mandatory implies the inability to respond to the request of the data subject.
Last modified on 2022-04-26
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITYIn accordance with the law, the data subject has the right to submit a complaint regarding the protection of personal data to a competent supervisory authority, such as the National Data Protection Commission “Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados” (CNPD) www.cnpd.pt.